Wheres Ray/Wendy yr 2

Monday, April 13, 2015

Strawberry Fest

Hi all,
Well the week started off good, we had a couple nice sunny days at the Gulf Shores beach. There was a pretty good spring break crowd here. We first parked in the main public parking but Wendy seemed to be getting bad vibes from there. We then drove down to the State Park parking area and found it more family friendly and less crowded.

 I wasn't going to tell yall this story but I guess I will. The first day I was driving in and the lady taking our parking fee ($6.) asked if we would get the senior rate, not one to cheat I said not quite yet. The second day Wendy was driving in and a different lady just said 3 dollars. Well Wendy handed her the money but as she got her pass she said we got the senior rate because of the passenger (me). I told Wendy I was totally insulted though Wendy just wouldn't stop laughing. I guess the old grey beard pays off.
 After a couple sunny days we took Friday to just browse some of the outlet stores. The prices seemed awful high or else I'm just to cheap. I must have been in a cheap mood because supper was then CiCi's buffet and we had a half off coupon.
 Saturday we found another festival, a strawberry fest in nearby Loxley. A fundraiser for the elementary school and ARC of Baldwin county. Though rain was in the forecast it seemed the afternoon would be dry, it actually was and we had a nice time. They had a decent sized craft sale and rides for the kids. There was also a stage with live entertainment which we sat and enjoyed. A band called Mustang Sallys from Nashville was the main act. Consisting of some great young musicians and a lead female singer.




 One thing was it was a alcohol free which didn't bother us, beer and shortcake  just don't go well together.
 And then the rains came, the last two days and a lot of rain in the forecast. But you all know you just can't change the weather. Our plans are to pull out in the morning (Tuesday) and camp at a state park in Louisiana for a couple days before heading to Betty's.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you getting to go to Betty's again. Say hi to Dan & Marlene from us :)

    ReplyDelete